POSITION TITLE: Informatics Intern – Health Center Placement (Spring)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PHIT4DC Informatics Intern Position Summary:
DC Primary Care Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the health of DC’s vulnerable residents by ensuring access to high-quality primary care. Our membership currently includes 9 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) located in the District of Columbia and Maryland. Our members own and operate nearly 60 primary care delivery sites that serve over 200,000 residents.
The Informatics Intern will have the opportunity to be placed within one of our 10-member health centers across the District. To see a comprehensive list of our health centers, please visit https://www.dcpca.org/health-centers.
In this role, we are seeking a student who wants to gain experience in informatics, while situated in a healthcare/primary care setting. The ideal candidate brings a broad background of educational and/or professional experience in health informatics or health information technology, with an interest in community health centers. The Intern provides support to the team, performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and technical duties. As an intern, you will be working closely with a site manager on a range of activities such as data reporting, eCW support, scribing, back office duties, front office administration, and other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION:
Required qualifications and experience:
- Currently enrolled masters or post-bachelor’s degree candidate in a program related to health informatics, information systems, computer science, public health, or relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience with project management, in particular demonstration of ability to organize various activities and goals, manage multiple projects simultaneously, plan strategically, and see projects through to completion.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with proven ability to develop effective relationships and work collaboratively with physicians and diverse stakeholders (government, community, and business environments).
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, staff and external organizations.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow in a fast-paced environment with short turnaround times while maintaining high standards
- Team-player, ability to coordinate work collaboratively and resolve conflicts.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly gather information (quantitative and qualitative), identify trends, and propose solutions.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in or with a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
The intern is expected to complete 20 hours per week; not to exceed more than 400 hours total. The hourly range for this position is between 16 and 20 dollars. Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits
This position will be based in an office in Washington D.C. and will allow for telework options. This position is primarily sedentary and may require some bending and lifting.
Please submit your resume here:
Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.