The primary objective of the 2023 VADSTI Spring Training Series is to provide training in data science fundamentals and cloud computing skills with hands-on application to minority health and health disparity datasets. Over the course of the training program, participants will:
- Be introduced to the foundations of data science.
- Be introduced to Python programming skills.
- Gain practical, hands-on experience with Python and related libraries for accessing data.
- Learn about the underlying concepts of probability and statistics for data analytics.
- Understand the concepts of data partitioning and practice behind supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Be introduced to cloud computing
- Be introduced to tools for applied data science using cloud-based platforms for clinical and genomic research.
Participants who complete all the modules and submit their projects in the VADSTI GitHub Data Science Project Portfolio will receive a verified digital certificate of completion.