On Tuesday, May 30th, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) will open the application for the HRSA Health Equity Fellows Program and the HRSA Scholars Program. These programs were established to grow the next generation of HRSA leadership by providing recent graduates with hands-on experience in implementing HRSA’s mission of addressing health disparities, improving health outcomes, and achieving health equity.
The HRSA Health Equity Fellows and HRSA Scholars Programs provide a unique opportunity for early career professionals to network across the organization, connect with senior leaders, and train and develop in areas relevant to their career fields. Interested applicants are encouraged to join an informational session via Microsoft Teams to learn about HRSA and the available opportunities. The information session will be held Wednesday, June 7th, 2023, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Interested candidates can click here to join the meeting. If you plan to attend the event and require reasonable accommodation, you may reach out to an Accommodation Specialist here.
The job announcement associated with these programs will be posted on USAJobs.gov on May 30th, and will be listed as, HRSA Recent Graduate, Public Health Analyst, GS-0685-7/9. Once the announcement goes live, the link will also be posted here.
For more information about HRSA’s continued efforts to address health disparities and improve health outcomes, visit: https://www.hrsa.gov/about/agency-overview.
Talking Points for HRSA Health Equity Fellows and HRSA Scholars Promotion
- To advance the development of early career professionals and to promote pathways into the federal government to support mission-critical fields, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is recruiting candidates for the HRSA Scholars and HRSA Health Equity Fellows Programs.
- The HRSA Health Equity Fellows Program was established in 2022 to support the President’s Executive Order on Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities through the Federal Government and other health equity priorities.
- The HRSA Scholars Program was established in 2001 and focuses on building bench strength in public health positions across HRSA, with a heavy focus on the project officer role – a key position for providing assistance to grantees and collaborating with Grants Management Specialists at HRSA to monitor project performance.
- These programs will provide early career professionals with an opportunity to contribute to the vital work of the organization and HRSA’s efforts to advance health equity.
- Candidates will be hired from a Pathways Recent Graduate announcement, which will be posted on USAJobs.gov beginning Tuesday, May 30th.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for public health and health equity and are eager to participate in projects and initiatives focused on advancing HRSA’s priorities.
- The Program participants will come together to complete over 40 hours of training and will engage in development opportunities, including small group sessions with senior leaders and staff. At the end of their one-year program, participants may have the opportunity for permanent placement within HRSA.
- An information session about the program will be held for applicants on Wednesday, June 7th via Microsoft Teams.
- For further questions, please contact AskHR@hrsa.gov.